Magento has announced its expansion of inventory management, with its latest collaboration with Amazon, as it has now allowed merchants to manage Amazon’s services directly on Magento. Online retail sales are still largely dominated by Amazon, and Magento’s recent survey of its merchants has found that sales revenue in Amazon’s channel is predicted to grow.
This new partnership should greatly benefit merchants, when using listing tools, which are designed to help drive sales revenue, by directing the distribution of products and visibility, offering a recommendation of pricing and assisting the reporting of competitors.
Mark Lavelle, CEO of Magento Commerce has commented on this new partnership:
“With a majority of consumers starting product searches directly on marketplaces like Amazon, this is a tremendous opportunity for merchants to help consumers discover their brand and buy their products,”
“This enhanced capability from Magento helps merchants simplify the listing process, and measure the value gained from this important channel.”
We have outlined the entire feature list of this exciting proposition:
Full list of features of Magento Commerce:
- Leverage Amazon’s extensive catalog data for storefront enhancements such as advanced search, filtered navigation, and promotional rules;
- Automatically match products and list them across Amazon’s North American, APAC, and European marketplaces;
- Utilise advanced marketing tools to manage listings across marketplaces and increase sales by enhancing a listing’s urgency;
- Take advantage of centralized order management to synchronize order status, tracking information, customer data, and cancellations;
- Access detailed reporting on competitor pricing and use tools designed to increase product visibility and sales;
- Deploy custom repricing tools to keep pricing competitive;
- Utilise marketing tools such as the Amazon Strikethrough Price to enhance listings and increase sales;
The industry has warmly welcomed this news, with Jeff Finklestein, founder of Customer Pardigm, who vividly described the excitement of this seamless partnership between marketplaces and sales channels.
“We are seeing a lot of excitement and demand from Magento merchants to make marketplaces a part of their holistic sales channel approach. This new capability is integrated into the core platform and provides a powerful toolset to drive results in channels like Amazon.”
This is predicted to be rolled out for Magento merchants later this year.